LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO OBSERVATION DRAWING WITH GRAPHITE AND DRY PASTEL
- Introduction to the draughtsman's tools.
- Learning to see; Analysis of the subject, composition, relations between forms, right proportions, initiation to the geometrization of shapes (block-in) and linear drawing.
- Live exercises with clean-cut objects that can be easily broken down into simple geometric shapes. Homework based on Great Masters’ drawings.
- Perspective # 1: Notions of perspective at a vanishing point.
LEVEL 2: FROM THE LINEAR DRAWING, TO MASS DRAWING
- Perception of negative spaces vs positive spaces.
- Appropriate lighting to get volumes that look convincing.
- Control of the mediums, safety, flexibility, pressure control, weaving.
- Perspective # 2: The 2-Vanishing-Point Perspective.
- Artistic Anatomy # 1: The musculoskeletal structures composing the body.
LEVEL 3: FROM SKETCH TO RENDERING
- Incorporate all notions specific to different types of drawings.
- From fast drawing, executed with energy to the most refined rendering.
- Artistic anatomy # 2: the human body in motion.
Winter Semester 2024
- Every Monday afternoon, from 13:30 to 16:30, from january 29th till the 6 of may, except monday the first of april (14 workshops of 3 hours).
Teacher: Mélodie Beaupré
- Every other Sunday, from 10:00 to 17:00, 28th of january, 11th and 25th of february, 10th and 24th of march, 14th and 28th of april (7 workshops of 6 hours). Teachers: Mélodie Beaupré and Yassine Lakhdar
- Session: 14 courses of 3 hours or 7 courses of 6 hours, including 2 live model classes (value 80$)– $945 +taxes
IMPORTANT: Before enrolling, we require that you first contact us to make an appointment for a free preliminary interview.
A 10% discount for full-time students can be applied if we are notified.
TEACHERS: MÉLODIE BEAUPRÉ AND YASSINE LAKHDAR