LEVEL 7: THE SECRETS OF OIL PAINTING # 1: THE PAINTER'S MATERIALS AND THEIR GOOD USE
- Knowledge of the quality of the colors and their chemical properties, different supports, suitable brushes, paint mediums and their dosage to paint always fat on lean, understand and experiment the process of desiccation of oils.
Note: this training is an essential prerequisite for oil painting classes. It takes place during a full day but without a fixed date. When four people have expressed their interest on the site, a date is fixed for the course and we proceed to the registration.
- The secrets of oil painting # 2: Pasting.
- Since the cotton canvas alone is too unstable for oil painting, learn to make museum-quality materials. Paste on wood with linen, cotton, silk or paper; Use of rabbit skin glue.
Note: This training is given over 2 full days but without a fixed date. When four people have expressed their interest on the site, a date is fixed for the course and we proceed to the registration.
LEVEL 8: THE FRENCH HALF-PASTE # 1 - THE PRACTICE OF THE CRAFT: THE GRISAILLE
- Paint the undersides in monochrome while becoming familiar with the gradual taking of the paint characteristic of half-paste technique.
- Simple exercises within a 6-hour course followed by more elaborate exercises on two or more courses.
LEVEL 9: THE FRENCH HALF-PASTE # 2 - THE PRACTICE OF CRAFT: COLOR RENDERING
- Paint in the fresh while being attentive to the possibilities granted by the gradual taking of the resinous paste in the course of execution. Avoid “sink-ins” by respecting drying times between reworks.
- Initiation to glacis in fresh and dry. Use of the retouch varnish.
LEVEL 10: FINAL WORK
- Design and realize a complex original composition including all the difficult aspects to be mastered by then.
- Every other Sunday 10:00 - 17:00
- Teacher: Denis Jacques
- Fall semester 2018 : 14 October - 9 December (5 courses)
- Fall semester (5 courses): 500$ + tx