LEVEL 7: THE SECRETS OF OIL PAINTING # 1: THE PAINTER'S MATERIALS AND THEIR GOOD USE
- Knowledge of the quality of the colors and their chemical properties, different supports, suitable brushes, paint mediums and their dosage to paint always fat on lean, understand and experiment the process of desiccation of oils.
Note: this training is an essential prerequisite for oil painting classes. It takes place during a full day but without a fixed date. When four people have expressed their interest on the site, a date is fixed for the course and we proceed to the registration.
- The secrets of oil painting # 2: Pasting.
- Since the cotton canvas alone is too unstable for oil painting, learn to make museum-quality materials. Paste on wood with linen, cotton, silk or paper; Use of rabbit skin glue.
Note: This training is given over 2 full days but without a fixed date. When four people have expressed their interest on the site, a date is fixed for the course and we proceed to the registration.
LEVEL 8: PAINT IN OIL IN VALUES OF GRAY
- Place your drawing quickly and focus on the values alone and not the color.
- Simple exercises within a 6-hour course followed by more elaborate exercises on two or more courses.
LEVEL 9: PAINT IN OIL IN COLOR - FRENCH HALF-PASTE
- Learn to switch colors to describe values from dark to light without messing up colors. Learn how to compose color ranges according to the temperature of the light.
- Familiarize yourself with the French half-paste technique: ideal density of material in harmony with the gradual taking of the paste during the day.
- The ultimate goal is to feel the medium act under the brush and discover the true pleasure of painting.
LEVEL 10: PAINT OIL WITH AN ORIGINAL COMPOSITION
- Design and realize a complex original composition including all the difficult aspects to be mastered by then.
- Every other Sunday 10:00 - 17:00
- Teacher: Denis Jacques
- Fall semester 2019 : 13 october - 8 december (5 courses)